Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Surveying Homosexuality

During the second semester, I chose to do a written survey on people's opinions on Homosexuality. I am deciding between two different surveys. I am thinking about surveying 50 kids, 25 that go to public school and 25 that go to catholic school on how they feel about homosexuals in their school. Whether it is their teacher or a classmate, and ask their opinion on if homosexuals should be separated from straight people, just like my blog post regarding the gay-friendly high school. I am also curious to see how they feel if they are on a team with someone who they think is gay or is gay. Do they treat them the same? or maybe a little differently? Another idea that I have deals with adults opinions. It has only been recent where gay couples are openly shown in the media and in a way, more accepted. Doing a survey between two different generations of adults will show me how the older generations feels about this topic when they grew up with such strong beliefs of going along with the social norm, and the newer generation who has been exposed to same sex relationships as being a normal and accepted. I will ask them how they feel about the boy scout situation and if they feel its appropriate that gay people should not be allowed to volunteer or lead a boy scout group. I will ask about their co workers and if any of them are gay, if so, are they treated differently? and Lastly, I would ask if they have or have ever seen a homosexual hold a high up position in a job whether it is CEO or manager or boss and if they can accept and work with people who hold such a different belief. I think that with either survey I do, I will get very interesting results which will further my research in this topic. I think that since I am interviewing two totally different people in all aspects I will find out many different beliefs that people have on all different aspects of homosexuality.I think that being I am a student, I will most likely survey other students and their opinions because I can relate and use questions that are on the same level as myself.  I am very eager to find out the results. 




No comments:

Post a Comment