Saturday, January 5, 2013

Conclusion

So I have finished my surveying about Homosexuality. I asked a bunch of High School students what there opinion was on Homosexuality. In order to make the survey diverse, I asked boys and girls and public school kids and Catholic school kids. I was very pleased with my results and I got the answers that I expected. When I asked if homosexuals should be able to go to a separate school, everyone disagreed with that which I think is good and shows acceptance. I also saw that most people both boys and girls were very comfortable around peers who were homosexual and did not feel uncomfortable at all. But, I also noticed that a lot of people felt more uncomfortable having a homosexual as a figure of authority and would prefer not to have that. Most of the students felt more comfortable as well with a person of the opposite gender who was homosexual rather than the same gender and some said they did not mind. I guessed that I was going to get these results because I feel as though our generation is desensitized to homosexuality. We see it all over media and TV and it is becoming more accepting. I think if  I were to ask my grandmother's generation this survey, I would have gotten completely different answers. I loved doing this survey and I learned a lot from it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment